We strive to deliver highly personalized service by following an investment strategy customized to your particular needs.
Developed over numerous market cycles, MMFS and our strategic investment partners follow a disciplined, methodology that focuses on company fundamentals rather than market timing, long term investing instead of short term trends, and proper asset allocation versus speculative bets.
Client portfolios could be populated with products across a wide spectrum of asset classes and industry sectors such as individual stocks, bonds, and other investments. When appropriate, we supplement these holdings with real estate and limited partnerships. In addition, techniques are applied as needed to hedge against volatility.
In every case, however, we work very closely with our clients to create an investment strategy that fits their needs and is consistent with their financial plan. Our personal concern for your financial well-being is a cornerstone of our business.
Developing and caring for your portfolio is a detailed and disciplined process, consisting of five distinct steps
Step One: Determine your investment profile as part of the financial planning process.
This includes consideration of:
- Risk tolerance
- Investment horizon
- Tax situation
- Special needs and/or unique circumstances
Step Two: Analyze your current portfolio
In this step, we examine:
- Risk/return balance
- Proper diversification
- Fees and expenses
- Appropriateness given your investment profile
- Tax efficiency
Step Three: Prepare your Investment Policy Statement
Here, we create our written plan for managing your personal portfolio. The IPS provides you with a written roadmap that reflects our findings from Steps 1 and 2 and describes how we will manage your investments.
Step Four: Adjust holdings and/or construct a new portfolio
At this time, we will:
- Build a portfolio around your investment profile
- Reallocate your portfolio as needed
- Diversify across asset classes, industries, geography and security types
- Consider tax factors such as capital gains potential, loss carry forwards, qualified vs. non-qualified amount options, etc.
- Select securities using our Investment partners propriety research and model portfolios
Step Five: Monitor your portfolio
This ongoing phase includes:
- Continual review of individual holdings for changing fundamentals
- Research for new holdings and investment ideas
- Daily portfolio updates and quarterly commentary and performance reports
- Annual (or more frequent) client meetings
- Direct access to our portfolio managers at all times